Thursday 19 March 2009

Tomorrow

REVIEW: So now I have a problem. With no formal leadership structure and our arranged speaker not coming, what do we do tomorrow? I'm keen to discover what we think about spirituality. Many people I meet (who are willing to talk meaningfully about church) complain that church is not the place where you meet God. Perhaps we could discuss this. The theological reflection was based on discovering what God is doing in our lives so this also needs to be looked at at some time.
Leaderless leadership is also fine in theory, but there is still a need for someone to gather thoughts and make arrangements. I would like someone else to take the lead sometimes in the group but until we have been together longer this may not happen, but if someone else wanted to take a lead that would be great. With the group at a young age, I don't think we can naturally do that. Yet the point about leaderless ledership seems to be that it engenders a feeling that 'no one is going to judge me' and 'I can't be wrong for feeling the way I do'. This is a rare commodity in the churches in which I have worshipped over the years. It also seems to be a strength for us.
My concern is that this does not become a traditional house group. We need to do things not just talk about them. Interesting though that individuals are starting to see answers to prayer or starting to believe more in prayer as answers to major life traumas are being overcome.

No comments: